Recipe // Pesto Chicken Alfredo Bake
September 2, 2020
Hi friends! Okay, I am by no means a chef or even the best cook in the world, I’m pretty positive I even touched on that in another post (linked here) that was also about food LOL. But I saw a variation of this recipe and wanted to try it for my own and when I asked on Instagram y’all said you wanted to see a post on it! So here we are, enjoy. Xx
- Two large chicken breast or pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup of pesto
- 2 15oz jars of your preferred alfredo sauce
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock
- 1 box of penne noodles
- 1 bag of mozzarella cheese
- If you’re using chicken breast you need to season and cook those however you prefer them I put mine in the instant-pot with Italian seasoning and paprika for about 12 minutes. Once it’s done shred the chicken
- Set oven to 350f
- Boil noodles as directed
- Mix chicken broth and alfredo
- In a casserole dish layer a small amount of the sauce and pesto on the bottom of the dish. Then mix the chicken and noddles into the remaining sauce.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and top with the remaining pesto.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- When done baking top with cheese and paprika and then bake for 5ish more minutes (or until the cheese is nice a bubbly)
- Set and let cool for 5-10 minutes
- Eat and enjoy!
Lots of love from the Tar Heel State