10 Things: October Edition
October 29, 2017
Hi friends, I’ve decided in place of a favorites post every month I’m just going to share ten things that really stood out to me this month, the good, the bad, the great, and the ugly!
1. I feel like coffee is a great way to start this post of right, I go through fazes of really really loving coffee and then just not really wanting it all. But right now I’m on a coffee kick! A friend of mine got me hooked on hazelnut and I’m honestly obsessed with it. Its so yummy! I take it with me in my yeti in the mornings on my way to class especially since here in NC its been in the 40s and 50s most
2. Coconut oil
. . . seriously my new best friend. I use it to take my make up off before I wash my face. I have the hardest time finding makeup whips that aren’t to harsh on my skin, rough feeling, or just don’t burn my eyes. I only use it at night and I keep mine in the cute candle jar I kept after I burnt out the candle.
3. My mom has gotten in to essential oils the last few months and I have to say she’s gotten me into them too. Im honestly pretty sold on them at this point that I want to buy another diffuser to put in the house. I love diffusing lavender at night to help me sleep theres also one my mom gave me called ‘Study Buddy‘
. I use that one when my brain can’t seem to focus on my school work.
4. Speaking of sleep, I have the hardest time falling asleep, I always have. My dad told me to try sleepy-time tea
its what he drinks when he can’t get to sleep. I tried it before but I wasn’t really into it, I’ve never been a big hot tea person. But I gave it another go and added some honey to it and I’m in love seriously!
5. Matthew is amazing. He always is of course but this last month has been really trying for us a couple. We’re both so busy right now on two totally different schedules we got thrown out of sync. He’s such a loving man and I am so incredibly thankful to have him in my life.
6. Also found out that Matthew won’t be home for thanksgiving this year. It sucks and I was so looking forward to the quality time with our families together but he has a job to do. He should be home for Christmas hopefully! *fingers crossed*
7. I’ve been on the hunt for some new skin care products and decided to try out Naturmetic
. I got the kit which comes with a gel cleanser, a facial serum, a hydrating moisturizer, and a moisturizer with SPF 50 in it. Ive only used it a few times but so far I really like it. Its gentle on the skin and not a lot of products you need to pile on which is nice.
8. I’m taking Victimology this semester at school, its quite humbling really. The point of the class is to learn to put yourself in the victims shoes as to better understand.
9. God has a funny way of standing out to you. I have an app that sends me a verse everyday and one that really stuck out to me this month was 1 Samuel 16:7- But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” And honestly how true is that? God doesn’t see the boxes and groups that we all put ourselves in he just seems the unique souls he created in his image.
10. During the colder months I am all about cute but comfortable sweaters, this one from Soul Honey is my favorite. I have last years version and I wear it all the time.
11. I know I said ten so think of this as a bonus lol! My papa Larry is a preacher and every year the church hold a Fall Festival. It’s so fun, we play games and win prizes and eat the best food. My favorite game is trivia about the Bible; we split into two teams and the one who can guess the most verses wins! I take a bible class because I go to a Christian college so I’ve gotten really good!
**Discloser: Some of the links are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn commission if you click through and make a purchase.